View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

wings like eagels

they shall mount up with wings like eagles.Isaiah 40. [have no fear].one day in the mountain region of scotland,a gigantic eagle snatched a little baby out of his crib and flew away with him.the people of the village ran out after the big bird,but the eagle perched itself upon a nearby mountain grag.could the child possibly be rescued?a sailor tired to climb the asent,but soon gave up the attempt.a robust highlander,accoutomed to climbing those mountains,tried next and even his strength failed.at last a poor peasent woman came forward.she put one foot on the shelf of the rock then the other,one step at a time tell she rose to the very top of the cliff.while all held their breath for sheer fright,she came down step by step untill she stood at the bottom of the rock with the child safely in her arms.shouts of praise went up from the villagers as they gathered around her.why did the woman succeed when the stong sailor and the experinced mountian climber didn,t?because that woman was that babys mother.her love for her child had given her the couage to do what the others couldn,t. {authher Henrietta mears}its the same with Jesus his love for us sent him to a cruel wooden cross to die there to pay for our sin,s.he hung on that cross held there by love not nails.He came to save his children. the storms of life come and we who know the Lord and his love for us can raise above the clouds.we can fly on eagles wings to a safe place in his hands and leave the burrdens there and have peace.he never promised we would have a problem free life.he said he would be there with us to help us though.if your in a storm today and the thunder is rolling and the lighting is flashing and you feel like you may not make it.look to the Lord and his petecting wings of safety.climb under the saftey of his wing and watch the storm pass by.Psalm 91 says we dewell with in the shadow of his wing safely.I may be having problems and I wish I could just fly away,but I can sit under my fathers wing and be at peace.God bless you for reading and hope it gives you the comfort to know that the God who made you and loves you.will come and help you if you will just ask. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Neat post and I hope you are doing ok and remember, this too shall pass.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks blondie for the words that lift one up.God bless.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I think we have all found refuge under Gods wings at one time or another, I know I have. And thats right where I see you now, with all that your going through you still have the faith to beleive for your promises and help others with there unbelief, a true gift...
Love you Anna

8:50 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thank you Anna for your love and for seeing my dreams and believing for them with me.the gifts I have is you and Lucy.without you two and the rest of my loved ones life wouldn,t be the same.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home