View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Thursday, July 13, 2006

drying flowersand waxing

I love roses there my all time favorite.I find they dry well on my chain lamp.they hang high out of the way.and the air condishener breese hites them.they dry colorful and fast.they hold their shape well to.I love dryed flowers in arangments.you can spray them with you favorite perfume and put them in any room in your house and the smell lasts a long time.and one thing nice I have found is if they get dusty just spary them again.it takes the dust right off.waxing works to.you melt some wax (canning wax works)melt it slowly.then take your fresh roses and carefully dip them in so they are covered completely.make sure the wax runs down inside the flower to.(but be very careful so the wax does not get on your hands or arms.)waxing was how the victorion ladys did their drying.the flowers look just like fresh for a long time.so you can have fresh looking roses in the dead of winter. hope you will try it.roses are the only ones I know for sure work well for both.but if I try others Ill let you know. there was a note in a magazine about how long they would last.one lady said she had some and they were 25 years old.they were alittle dusy but still pretty.she said she blew them off with her blower on the vac.sounds good to me.so girls let me know how yours turn out if you try. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Blondie said...

Good Ideas and roses are sooo expensive that it would be great to preserve them a little longer.
I will try it sometime if the hub buys me any. He is not the most romantic sort and just doesn't ever think of it. That's okay though because he is good in lots of other ways.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

that is all that counts.my hub use to buy me roses and pick me flowers.but like it happens they soon stop.I buy my own then I know I will get them.a girl has to do what a girl has to do.romance aint what its cracked up to be in the dumb movies and in books.they never put the down to earthness in it.the everydayness.if a man can stay with you and love you and be yours alone then he is a good man. if he is a good father and cares about his family that is a keeper.hope yours is a good one.thanks for the comments.love mamaleann.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home