View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Thursday, July 13, 2006

the hubby and our find.

I love to hunt wild moshrooms.this two puffballs.they are the biggest ones I have seen.we found them last year one one of our many trips.we havent gone in a long time but I will explain one day when I have a long time and the words to say.no I didnt kill him off with mushrooms so dont get your undies in a bunch.any way we found these on an addventure.we were over joyed.years before I had finely found one on a farm me and my family were working on.it just so happens it was on hubbys dads farm.I was going to cook it that night .at that time hubby was my friend.he was upset cause he thought we would die.so he tryed every thing to stop me.I told him they are ok.that there are no puffballs like the large ones that will kill you.but he wasnt buying it.well he left all upset and mad.well next morning we over slept.and we were to be out milking.and my friend was waiting out there for us.and none to happy I may add.he finely called his mom and said please call them I think they died from eating the puffball.she called and found we were fine.so we run to the barn to show the poor guy we were ok.he was very happy but waaaaaaay mad at me for scaring him so. how to cook puffballs.you peel off the thick outer layer.make sure the inside is all white and clean of bugs.then slice it in bread size slices and fry tell light golden brown.eat it and enjoy.it has a mild flaver like button mushrooms only much better.these have a very smooth skin.so you will know them right off.they grow in yards,fields,meadows,cow pastures(but be sure there is no cow muffens on those!!! they look just like a big all sitting in the grass. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Leann said...

sorry my clicker finger was too fast.so I left out a word or two.it was suppose to say like a big white childens vally ball sitting on the grass.and you fry them in real butter.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

WOW! I have never seen such big mushrooms. They are amazing! I am glad that you ate them and didn't suffer any ill effects. Our daughter would love them because she loves mushrooms and onions. I didn't get a chance to go on the computer today, but I will tomorrow. I have been working nights so I slept most of the day and then caught up on some housework. But, will tomorrow.
Take care and keep the good pics and stories coming.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home