View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

remember when?

does anyone else out there remember out houses?the cold wooden seat the sears and robuck tolit paper?people coming to help you get your harvest in and feeding them ?partys at the church down the road for kids at haloween so we didn,t have to give the devil any of our time?walking in the meadows and fields as a kid?just plain loving life?flying a kite in the summer sky and wishing you were the one flying?eating watermelon on the hottest days just to stay cool?going puddle jumping after a storm?watching the stars on a clear summer night?looking for the northern lights on a cold crisp winter night?laying on the grass and looking at the clouds to see animals and what ever you could make out of them?sitting on a couch all cuddled in and wrapped up in a blanket with a cup of hot coca in your hand watching the frist snow fall on a moonlite night out your window?raking a big pile of leaves and jumping in them and doing it all over again just for the fun of it?thinking about all the things I remembered made me want to know if you have good memories of things?please tell me some of your memories.this way I will know if anyone is reading this or if I am writing to my self. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Ahh yes theout house, we had one until I was 14 or 15, I can truely say I do not miss them, we would sleep out side looking at the stars with a flash light sending signals to people on other planets, such good memories

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lane Savant said...

In the Army in Alaska at night, looking up to the stars, air so clear, seeing the billions of stars and planets so clearly. Feeling as if I could fall off the earth and into the sky.
It made all the science fiction I read meaningless when compared with the reality of living on this planet.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

SORRY that I haven't been looking at your blog lately. My computer is really bad at home and the only time I have to check the blogs is at work. I have memories similiar to those you write about. I remember hunting for fireflies on warm summer nights with a mason jar and my hands for the net. We could sit and stare at the jar for hours after. We used to play in the haymow hide and seek and jumping down into the loose hay. Sometimes we would break a bale on purpose just to have more cushion. We spent many hours wading in the creek looking for fish and we never worried about the cows upstream and the deposits they left in the water if you know what I mean. I could go on and on, but I am sure this is getting long. Hope you are well. I think of you and yours everyday. Take care and God bless!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Blondie

9:06 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

I remember running in the wind. I would run with the wind to my back and leap and it felt like flying. I made it home from school in half the time. (I'm sure it had to do with the simple fact that I was running.)

I remember when I was very small that we lived in a large army type tent in the middle of the desert. I remember my dad made wood floors and the smell of the kerosene lamps, but I also remember going to sleep as the wind was batting against the canvas.

I also remember the small pond hidden behind the trees with water that was cold as ice.

As a small child, who knew we were literally dirt poor. It was the best place ever to live.

And no. You are not being ignored and I do check your blog everyday. I just don't comment cause sometimes I just need to keep my mouth shut and it's your place to vent and if you wanted my two cents, you would have asked for it. That and I tend to not shut up once I get started. :-)

Memories are nice but sometimes we gotta get off our butts and make new ones.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks for your comments.love your memories.its nice to hear of the things people did as kids.it brings back memories and a nice time in the world.just wanted to see how many others were my age or near it.lane I would love to see the alaska sky at night and look for the northern lights.thanks fpn you are so right we all need new memories to go on.blondie I know you check my blog.but I was just ondering if there were those I didn,t know who were.thats only way I know is to ask.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I vividly remember the outhouse on the land upnorth and the fear I had of the big spiders you, Grandma and Grandpa so bravely had to eliminate before Luc and I could sit our little girl butts down on the seat.. I remember the puddle jumping with you and Luc on Wilson...the skip school days you let us take to sunbath...the spying on boyfriends...the days spent on the beach at Margarets hole, Luc and I having chocoa in front of the woodstove...driving in the country just the three of us...sledding...saturday night skating...walks with Grandpa down the road at the land...the old Monkeys, Elvis, and Beach Blanket Bingo marithons we used to watch...and so many more memories, things I havent thought about in years, such a great post mom thanks for getting me to remember..
Love ya Anna

8:26 PM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

My best memories all involve the open road. There is nothing so freeing as a wide open highway and a tank full of gas, no destination. (Think Terri Clark "All I need is a tank full of gasoline..." :) I have driven the depth and width of this country, one end to the other.

Peace,

~Chani (Thailand Gal)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

thank you all for your comments.Anna I remember those things too.we have alot of good memories don,t we?love you .thailand gal thanks for your comment.yes I love to go traveling to.I have filled my tank and driven lpaces in my state alone.it was great.then the hubby and I traveled all over the state it was wondeful.God bless you.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home