View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Saturday, January 13, 2007

gifts from the heart..

about these oil lamps.the very old one was given to me years ago from a dear friend of mine.her name is maureen.she was a sweetheart.she always gave gifts from the heart.she called me over one day and said I have some thing for you.she knew I liked oil lamps.cause when I was a kid we used them when the lights went out.but do to no need to use them any more I wasnt able to save one of my grandmas.so maureen bless her heart gave me this one.I used the old one up north when I camped in my moms camper.it saved me from getting very cold one night when te temp went way down.I was up there in the end of oct and the weather got bad two nights.that oil lamp heated moms small camper with 3 candles besides.it worked like a dream.this old one has a round wick.so it puts off alot of light.I was thinking that night how mareen always knew what to give me that I needed.the gifts she gave me are still blessing me years after her passing.I miss the old sweet heart.she was very valued to me.every thing she gave has helped me time and time again.I hope I can be a person who gives from the heart to.I miss her every day.I use to call her nearly every day.or she would call me.when she moved away to a little town near her son.it was hard on us both.but it was best for her.she got the time to send with her family before she had to go home to be with the Lord.I will see her again when its my time to leave.but till then the things she left to bless me bring her to mind all the time.and I feel her love in all of the gifts she gave from the heart. the blue lamp I found on a shopping trip to a asignment store near my dauhters place.I have always liked the potory collection my mother in law has.so my hubby and I were looking at some almost like it.but the stuff was soooo pricey.so I kinda forgot about it.but the Lord always knows your heat desires.and He loves his kids and likes to bless them.well I felt we just check out that store .and as I walked around I didnt see the things I was looking for.so I went to the part where they have nick nacks.and there sat this lamp.the one I saw at the other store.only this one was many dollors less.I picked it up and said thank you Jesus.I know when the Lord gives me a blessing.this is only one of hunderds of times He has given me my hearts desire.I will use these lamps for light if I ever need to.if not they remind me of a friend who loves me and a father who loves me more then anyone does.and the fact they both give gifts from the heart.

8 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Leann ~~ Your lamps are just beautiful, so I can see why you love them. I miss the dogs already and John only picked them up a few hours ago. Your daughter's dogs sound nice too.
Glad you enjoyed the jokes. Thank you so much for praying for protection from the fires. Take care, Love, Merle

6:21 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

I have to share my gift for the Lord. It's along the same lines. I have been looking for years for a specific spice rack. I was in this one large antique store (love it) and feeling very depressed as I had accepted the fact that I will never find the spice rack. In my heart, I know its true. I rounded the corner and found, not the spice rack, but the exact duplicate of my cookie jar that had been broken years ago. It wasn't the spice rack, but it was still a very nice gesture. I'll post a picture of it on my BFTalk blog. :-)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thank you Merlefor stopping its always good to see your smiling face. God bless.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks FPN for stoping.and for sharing your story.my step mom collects cookie jars.she has sooo many cute ones.she has them sitting on her shelf in her kichen.I like to look at then when Iam out there.well God bless you and yours.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Perez said...

I always like those lamps, just never bought one...I was scared to use them because of fire...When you talked about the blue lamp, it made me think that Jesus is the light and He gave you a light that will always burn...What a sweet story....Miss you-Hope you get done cleaning soon so I can read more stories-Take care and God Bless you Leann HUGS AND LUV YA-perez

11:40 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Beautiful, my mother-in-law collects these lamps and I have always liked them. She gave us a few and we use them if need be when the electricity goes out.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I guess the computer being thrown out of the window would be a "Windows Crash". Thanks for visiting God Bless Margaret

8:41 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks everyone for stoping.God bless.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home