View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Thursday, March 27, 2008

a day full of blessings.


Easter with the kids was very nice.Lucy and the girls came to.they surprised us.Lucy got Anna and I lovely highdranga,s.mine is blue and Anna,s is pink.Thanks Lucy I love it your so sweet to think of us...
I will plant mine at Anna,s cause I have no place here to do it.I took pictures of the girls but didnt have time to put them on.Ill do it when I get more time.
we watched Jakes play on the camera cause it snowed and I had to stay home.so didnt get to go to his play.but they taped it for me.
I was so proud of him cause he did a very good job.and its funny but the kid just looked alot like Jesus.he had to stand at the end and not move when he was hanging on the cross.
he didnt move at all cause I watched him.and if you know Jake that was very hard for him.he is a kid that is always on the move.but he did a very good job.I also think Jesus was proud of him to.the play covered all most the whole last few days of Jesus life.the last supper the garden the trial and his death.only wish they had also did his raising from the dead.but they faded out to black with him hanging on the cross.
and alot of people still think that was the end of the story.that he is dead.but then came easter sunday morning and the stone was rolled away.and the king of glory walked out of that tomb.and victory for all man kind was won.he lives, he didnt just fade away like the devil thought by killing him.no Jesus even out witted the enemy there.by killing Jesus the debt was payed for us all in full.because he lives so will we.because he payed the price we are free.
the day together was nice.Anna made a ham and corn ,mashed spud,s and a to die for banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting Yummmmmy...Lucy had fresh strawberrys to eat.they were good.we watched movies and talked.it was a nice time all day.Lucy and the girls had to go back the next day.so I stayed over to.
the snow storm had dumped about 3 or more inches of snow.we had almost been clear of snow and the grass was peeking out here and there.but when I drove home the snow covered everything.it was pretty but when spring is on your mind and heart.snow just dont cut it.
the last few days I been working on my cleaning.I just seem to go from one thing to the other.not gettig much done.so I keep plugging away at it.I need to start pitching stuff.I have to go through the closets and get rid of the things I dont use.I am from a long line of packrats.
my granny and family lived through hard times and she taught me how to pintch a penny till it screamed and how to save what ya mit need later.so I save stuff I should just trash.and now that I plan on staying single.I can get rid of stuff .
so if I am not on much for a while you know I am still digging my way out of junk.I watched a show about a woman who had so much trash in her house her family didnt have room to live. now my place isnt like that.but it made me see I need to get rid of some stuff to.
so its spring and good time to spring house clean.as long as Iam getting rid of the past I may just as well do it right.well hope you all had a wonderful Easter and had time to be with familys.
God bless you all.have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Leann,

I'm glad you had a nice Easter with Anna and the rest of the family. Your Easter dinner sounds so good, and the cake does sound yummy! Cream cheese frostings are my favorites.

Both of my sons came down to be with me, and my older son and family are still here until tomorrow morning, when they drive back to Ohio.

Oh, and I have to get rid of stuff too, Leann!

I always enjoy visiting with you. Have been behind visiting this week because of my company. Have a great weekend, my friend.

Blessings and Love,

Renie

3:30 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I'm glad you had such a nice Easter. When I read about the ham, corn and mashed spuds, it mad eme hungry. I don't feel like cooking tonight so will snack instead. I had a minor surgery on my finger today and it hurts like blue blazes, so I am pampering myself. LOL
God bless you Leann.
Love & hugs.

8:47 PM  
Blogger fifi said...

Dear Leann,
Happy easter,
sounds like you had a lovely celebration. And some snow, how wonderful.
I hope you are enjoying spring.

And I did the same as mountain mama: I got very hungry reading this!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Leann,

Sounds like you had a nice time with your family..:)

Now, don't fret about spring cleaning, just do a little everyday. My house gets all cluttered up too, so every spring, I complete one room before I go to the next one. It's an endless cycle - and when you are finished, you can slowly but surely start the process of cluttering again! lol

My dest drawers are the worse - if they weren't cluttered I wouldn't be able to find anything.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks girls for the words of help and love.glad you all had a nice easter.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home