View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

something to think about.


(you cant fly like eagles if you hang with turkeys.)
the turkey is a pretty bird but they can only fly so high.and they cant go where eagles dare.
dont get me wrong I like turkeys I have had a few as friends.one was a tom called goober and he was the nicest bird.loveing and kind.he was my grandsons friend to.TJ was only a little boy and the turkey took TJ under his wing and would follow the kid every where.if TJ would get too far the turkey would stand in front and not move.guess he knew TJ was little and needed watching.goober loved to be hugged and would get all happy and fluff up with the atention.but goober never flew.he just walked around and strutted his stuff.guess he didnt know he could fly.my step mother raised him form a egg and goober thought he was some thing other then what he was.he was loved and he had a good life.but he didnt become what he was suppose to.and in a way that is sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful photo of the turkeys. And, yes, if we don't use our potential, it is sad. My mother majored in voice at Oklahoma University, but I never remember her singing, even in the choir.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

My son had a pet turkey too and it also followed him everywhere.
Your comment about Goober not reaching his full potential really made me think.
Have I reached mine??
Thanks for a thoughtful post Leann.
Love, Bev

8:08 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

I love the sweet, lovely flowers on the ground =)

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home