View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

smokie,grandpa and granny

new baby on the farm,first grandchild.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Oh Leann, that was such a beautiful story! I started to cry when you talked about Bill and the car when you thought it looked like Grandpa.
I had a wonderful Grandpa too, he was my great grandfather and he loved nature too. He taught me so much. I'll never forget how he taught me about the snapping turtles. He brought me a big snapper and he had a thick stick, whittled with his knife to a point and on the point he had woven a thick piece of bacon. He put it in front of the turtle and he sanpped it off. I'll never forget the words that came after that, "think about if that was your finger. you stay away from the pond now, hear?". I never went near that pond again in my life!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks for stopping Lois glad you enjoyed the story.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home