View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Friday, April 13, 2007

more of the stones.


they were made in 1871 to 1889,or longer.the ones I seen them on were for a girl 22 years old,and young children.it most have been in a time when sickness killed younger ones.if you press on the picture you can read some of the writing.
the 22 year old girl is on the first one I put on the other day.











all I know is they are pretty and the person who made them did a wonderful job.they are true works of art to tell that there lays someone who was loved.and the people who rodered these must have loved the artists work.




its funny to see only a few of these around.cause they are so lovely.and they held up so well.I would like to see who did them and find out about the person.maybesome day I will.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Leann said...

this is strange the stones all belong to the martin family.18oo,s.seems odd that only one family would have the stones.any way thats all i know about them for now.I may take a drive again one day to check them out i Iam ever up that way again.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I have never seen anything like them. They are unique and very interesting.
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Huggles

2:31 AM  
Blogger little things said...

As you know, I am a cemetery buff. While camping with the kids last year, I bought a book about one of the 'locals'. WHile traipsing through a cemetery, we actually found his stone.
Occasionally, I get the idea to go home and search the net and try and find out what happened to some of these folks, but I haven't done it yet!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home