View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Thursday, October 25, 2007

more from the trip.


this is "Cat"he is the owner of the house.well at lest he thinks so.he had me trained fast.5 in the morning he came to the french doors and rubbed his wet paws to make a sound and I would let him in.O he is very good at getting you to love him.his bright yellow eyes melt you.he also lay on my bed and would take his nap.


my step mom has this hanging in her livingroom to remember her grandmother.she did work like this and all the girls got some to remember her when she passed away.she was a cool lady.
she sure showed me up when I went with Helen to work on her fathers farm.the grandma was in her 80,s me in my 17th year.I begin to throw bales to the other girls and turned around to get another.
but in front of me stood grandma.she was asking me to through bales to her in UKrainen.I was afraid Id throw them too fast and she would get hurt or tired.but when we took a brake Helen said grandma is strong she wants you to throw them faster and not worry about her.
well she out worked me before the day was over.I went in for supper one tired girl.we but in alot of bales that day.I also went home with musles like a man.
but the thing I remember most was the cool family and the love they had for each our.and the food they made.both the women of the place helens mom and grandma could charm any one with their fine food.
I learned old dont mean weak..


here is Cat and if you look up in the picture you will see he isnt a good hunter.the pheasent is standing there wondering why cat just walked by him.








Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

I think many older women are more healthy in their later years because the hard work that they had to do in their youth made them stronger. They had to work hard, there were no washing machines, dish washers, or other modern convieniences. Today, a lot of women would die of fright at having to wash dishes by hand or to scrub a weeks worth of laundry in a galvanized wash tub. Even with today's modern advances, I imagine that farm work is still hard.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Front Porch Society said...

Hard work is good for people, in my opinion. It keeps their immune system in better condition than many people nowadays.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Great needle work.

12:22 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Leann

You love animals =)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Leann ~~ I am glad you had such a nice time with your stepmother and Cat. Animals can give such unconditional love. I was a bit worried by Audrey's comment "you love animals" after you licking your lips at the pheasant!!!
But that was the way a lot of us had to live, we had rabbits and I never want to taste another one.
Thanks for your visit and I am glad you like the jokes.
Sorry you have had a few problems with your computer.
Take care, my friend. Love,
Merle.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Beautiful post!
Thank you for sharing that story!
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

Give Cat a scratch under the chin from me...

6:22 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Cats such a sweetie and a big boy too but from what you said he is a naughty boy too, then again I do have a soft spot inside for kittys I have 3 and many visiting cats through the years, I cant seem to turn them away seems Helen cant either. And about Helens grandma being such a hard worker, remember Bud my old next door neighbor was the same way, he had such a beautiful garden (great bounty) and I swear he mowed 3 times to each 1 time of us mowing our lawn, I quess its true hard work keeps you young he was 91 when he finally moved away he never seeemed that old....

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home