View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

trip to my childhood home.(number one.)


this is my childhood home.I moved away when I was forteen.
my step mom and I had a great time.the two weeks I was there.
like she said to everyone."we blabbed and eat and blabbed and eat.
she is a very good cook and we did eat very well.I felt like a human food compacter.
and it was so good.
she made borsht a heavenly soup from the UKraine.yummy yum yum..its made with beets and potatoes cabbage,carrots,
onions,and some kind of meat,she used chicken..
it was soooo yummy we eat it every chance we got.the smell was so good I could hadly wait tell it was done.


this is the tree they have in the sun room where I slept.its a pine of some kind I dont remember the name.but its a awesome tree.its way over my head and still growing.I could lay in bed and look at it at the foot end of the bed.


this is where I slept,the bed is a old family bed that use to set n the wedding room upstairs.when anyone was married they would get that room.the bed was put down in the sun room cause a lot has changed.now a new family lives in the home and new family comes to visit from the UKraine and other places.


My brother and some friends of his built the sun room on after the tornado went though.it was a blessing in a way cause if it hadnt they may have never known the big beam that held up the whole one side of the house was so badly rotted that the house was sinking into the foundation.left as it was the house would have been so badly rotted that the foundation would never have held cause it was sinking to.so when they started to build the basement they found the mess and was thank God able to save before it was too late.
the house is way over 150 years old so its a blessing its saved.its one of the oldest places in our county.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

What a lovely old house, Leann. It sounds like you and your step mom had a nice visit, and she treated you to some delicious Ukrainian dishes. I think Ukrainian food, Like Hungarian food, is very rich and delicious! I love the tree in the sun room. And I enjoyed reading all about your visit to your childhood home. What good memories it must have brought back to you. Love the photos as well. I look forward to reading more of your postings.

Be well and God bless!

Renie

5:45 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Beautiful sunroom.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

hello girls: nice to see you.have a great day.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Lovely room! - Is that pine siding? My sis had a room built on to her house, they call it "the family room" but it is wood paneled with big windows and it does make a difference when the family is large and you have lots of company.

6:19 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Wow!

Some more beautiful pics =)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Love the pics! I enjoyed reading this post and looking at all the pics! Thanx for sharing!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home