View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Thursday, October 25, 2007

two posts today.6 picitures


one morning Goeser and I were sitting by the bay window just enjoying the cool breeze and the company of the sun.it had been days sence we saw it.and I was sharing some kind words with him as he let me take the pictures to share on the blog.so you all could see what a handsome boy he is.and what a kind guy he is look at that face.well all at once we heard this wierd sound out side the window.I stood up and looked out the side window,nothing,then out the other window,nothing.then I walked over to the french doors.and there as proud as punch stood this lovely visitor.he just stood and looked at me as if to say hey I want to get my picture taken.so I took some of him.he just walked slowly away to the orcherd and he was gone.if you go down to the post below you will see what happened before he got to the orcherd.isnt he a lovely bird?


I couldnt believe he was so close and not at all afraid.the colors are out of this world.and he was a plump bird.I hate to say it but it made me remember grannys best thankgiving meal,maybe that is why he walked off alittle faster.maybe he saw me lick my chop,s.hee hee.granny made pheasent chicken and wild duck baked together.once long ago.I thimk of it now and then.


he is a nice bird,and no I didnt shut him and eat him.but he would have made some good eating.sorry but I was raised eating wild life now and then.deer,duck,squirrels,geese,turkey,pegion,rabbit,fish.we lived off the bounty of the land and raised our own food for a long time.
this will be short today cause I seem to have lost some readers.hope you who do read enjoy the pictures and the trip.
have a great day every one.God bless you.
remember to check out the other three pictures below.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

Leann,

I probably won't be posting too much for the rest of this weekend,
the kids went to Florida (Lori's sister had a baby) and Envy had to go the emergency room - she has pneumonia - so starting tomorrow I will be seeing after her for a while each day while Lori works. Jk was sick before they left. Mom is sick too. My left eye has been swollen and irritated all week with/chills and fever. I think the flu is going around. But I got a pneumonia shot last year, they make your arm hurt but are good for 5 yrs, and I got a flu shot a few weeks ago - might be what made me sick. But everybody should get protected and take care, especially with the weather so wacky.

Now to your post - Duck is my favorite wild bird, I cooked one last year for Christmas. I always stuff it with dressing and apples and oranges. If you have any good recipes for wild bird please pass them - the holidays are almost here!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

That is a lovely bird. Great pictures.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Front Porch Society said...

Pheasant is delicious to eat!! :) Great job capturing this male pheasant so close to you!

7:32 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Hi Leann

How are you?

Goeser is so disciplined.
He lets you photograph him =)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Leann,

Goesner is adorable. What a cute face. And, wow, a beautiful pheasant. My Grandpa used to hunt pheasant, and Grandma cooked it. It was delicious. But haven't eaten pheasant since then. We don't have them around here. We do have lots of wild turkeys though. In Hungary, we always had roast goose for Christmas. No one ate turkey. Here, turkey it is wild or tame.

I enjoyed your latest entry and pictures. Have a blessed weekend.

Renie

4:57 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

He certainly is a handsome fellow,and that cat is really nice as well. You do know don't you that dog's have masters but cat's have staff.
Cheers Margaret

4:50 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

What a wonderful visitor!
Great picture.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

6:19 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Loved the post, glad to see you had fun at your stepmom's house. Looks like a relaxing time as well. Take care and God Bless. Nice pics too.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I know I commented on this one not sure where it went, but anyway what I said in the comment was. I love Goeser hes such a good dog, Helen is so blessed to have him, whenever people come he always gets his lovens even if its on his quick run out the door, I miss her other pups they were all so sweet...

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home