View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Friday, December 14, 2007

peace on earth good will to man





Christmas in Heaven


"Tis christmas in Heaven what a beautiful sight!


It,s my first one here;Everything is all right.


The crib is adorned with the brilliance of the star;


wisemen have come from near and far.


I,ve met all our dear ones who preceded us here;'the reunion was lovely,


an event full of cheer.


And tonight we,ll all gather,In reverance we,ll kneel,


For the babe in the cradle.Up in Heaven is real!


I think of my family That I left behind


and pray that your Christmas is as blessed as mine.


Please shed no more tears,For my soul is at rest


just love one another,Live life to its best.


Yes,it,s Christmas in Heaven,So I,ve heard them say.


Yet,Christmas in Heaven happens every day. (writer not known)


This was sent to me to comfort me and my family this year.its been the second Christams with out mom.and it will be the first Christmas for others with out their loved ones.


its hard to say goodby to those we love,but its much easyer if we know where they are.I know where my mom is and that gives me great comfort.she loved Jesus and had recieved him as her Lord and savior.


Christmas is a time for those still here to share the blessed time of the year.peace ,joy and comfort fill us as we draw near.


I was trying to think of a christmas that stands out in my mind as the best christmas I ever had.


I remember so many wonderful Christmas times with loved ones.


the year I was still a young child and still believed in santa.I was getting ready for bed.my mother and granny were doing supper dishes and talking about the stuff they had to do for the next day.it was a cold night and the woodstove kept the chill off the floors.the windows were all frosted over .and the yard light made the snow look blue as I looked out the window in the bathroom.the stars were so clear that night.


mom said get ready now cause I will take you up stairs.I asked if I could please stay up just alittle longer.but she said it was late and I needed to go to bed so I could get up early,cause tomororw was Christmas morning.the tree lights were so pretty that year,and the living room looked lovely in the glow of the lights.


mom said come now and I headed up the step,s to the little bedroom at the top.it was cuddled under the eve,s of the roof. and my bed was against the south wall.with the head near the east window.mom helped me say my prayers and said now you go to sleep.she tucked me in and said good night.she kissed me and headed down the steps.


I lay there for a long time listening to mom and granny talking down stairs.I couldnt hear what they were saying but the sound was soothing,knowing someone was near.I remember hearing the dogs bark.I had almost fallen asleep.and I woke up and listened.no one was talking down stairs.then I heard my Dad come in he was talking to mom or granny in the livingroom.couldnt hear what he was saying all I remember is I tryed real hard to hear without getting out of bed.


then I yelled to him and said Dad do you think santa will come soon.he said not if your still awake.I said I was asleep but the dog,s woke me.he said the dog,s heard some thing to the north of the house.he was going to see what it was.he said you go to sleep now.


I heard him go out side and yell at the dog,s when they barked again.and then all was still for a long time.the coolness in my room and the blankets tucked up to my ears felt so comfy I cuddled in more.I loved being in that little room.if I moved close to the edge of the bed I could look out the window and see the yard light and the yard around the shed.and just a little of the barn.


I couldnt see anyone out there,the shed where Dad worked had the door closed and smoke drifted out the fondery chimmany and currled in the night sky.the barn was dark and not a sound could be heard.then off in the distance a sound caught my ear.it was bells,yes I listened and stranded my ear,s.yes bells.I couldnt hear with the balnkets so close so I pushed them back.and sure enough they were bells I heard.


I heard granny down stairs say I head some thing.mom said Ill check and she opened the door.the sound of bells was louder.I was quiet and climbed out of bed and got close to the window.I couldnt see anything only the dogs running and all exsited over something.then one barked and ran behind the house.


soon my mom came back in and said its bells I hear them off in the north of the yard.I sure hope the little one is asleep if its santa,or he will go right on by.she was standing near the step,s when she said it. I was ever so quiet as I climbed back in bed.then as I lay there wondering if it was santa.


I heard my Dad come in and say its funny but I thought I heard bells off in the swamp just a while ago.mom said I stuck my head out and heard them to.he said Ill go check and see if its santa.he headed out the door and soon I heard the bells even louder.and soon a loud sound on the roof by my bedroom.I peeked but didnt see anything.and then I heard a loud sound in the livingroom.like some one bringing some thing big in the house and putting it in the living room.


then all was still for a long time.Mom and Dad came up and went tosleep .the sound of their snoring came drifting in now and then.but I couldnt sleep.I remember I was scared that if santa,s elf was looking Id not get anything cause I was wide awake.


so I prayed my prayers and asked Jesus to help me sleep.I lay there and listened to the sounds of a winter house creek and grown and crak in the cold.the fire was burning down in the stove and the chimmeny was cooling down.I cuddled under my blankets more.


I wonder what santa would bring me.I was exsited and wish morning would come soon.the last thing I remember was hearing a owl hoot in the tree out side my window,and I was asleep.


I remember having a dream of all kinds of toys and Christmas things Id seen in town and dolls Id like to have.it was a wonderful dream but I cant remember it all.but it was so real and so lovely.I remembered it when I woke the next morning and lay there just enjoying it.everyone was still asleep.so it was earlly.they werent even up to do the milking yet.


so I desided I better be still a while longer.then I could smell coffee cooking and the fire being lite.and soon granny yelled and said its time to get up smokie.I ran down and looked for Mom and Dad but they were up and had gotten by me. and I was so sound asleep I hadnt heard them.granny said we had to wait to open gifts tell the others came in.


so I lay on the day bed by the window and looked out side.the sun was bright on the snow and it was sparkeling.the trees had frost on them and as the sun got warmer the frost fell off here and there.


the morning was perfect,granny got breakfast ready,and as soon as mom and dad came in we eat.I dont remember what we had all I know is I couldnt wait to get to the gifts.and soon we were done and headed to the livingroom.


all I remember is mom opening a big box from santa.it was full of all kinds of paper.and way at the bottem was a box with a ring inside for her.she cryed and hugged dad.later Id find out he had found the dimond in a place he had been digging some where.and he had put it in a setting for mom.she was happy and I could see her eyes sprakle as she looked at it.and at Dad.those were good times.


I dont even remember what I got that year for Christmas.all I remember is how Dad had made mom happy.years later I would hear how Dad had stomped in the house and carryed the box in to make mom wonder and make me think it was santa.


he would do it one more year for me,then I would know it was not the real meaning of Christmas.and santa would be just a childhood memorie.those times were wonderful and I like to go back there and remember a easyer more simple time in my life.


a time before the divorce and having to move away from the only home Id ever known.a time before I found I couldnt trust my father.a time before I would learn nothing stays the same.and a time when granny was still here and life seemed like a fairtail full of love and hopes and dreams and christmas joy.but it was long ago and far way now.but I can go there in my memories.


I also remember the year I was in first grade,and had to sing in the christmas play.and do a little skit with my cousin shirly.mom made me a cloat for my doll and she wore it on the night of the play.I dont remember what we had to say all I know is we were little and cute and everyone clapped and said nice things about our skit.the little country school was all decked out in christmas far and everyone who could be there was.


we sang Christmas songs and did all the skits.they we asked if we could go to the bathroom.it was cold out and the bathroom was a out door biffy.berrrrr!!!!but when ya got to go you got to go...so shirlyand I headed out the door.as we did we looked up on the roof and there was tracks in the snow like two runners and some deer tracks.we ran back to the school and told our teacher.she ran out and she saw them to.


I remember some one saying it looked like santa had been up on the roof.no one knew who had done it.and all wondered and talked about it.I wondered if uncle elden had done it.he was the kind of guy who liked to play tricks and make poeple laugh.so I thought for years it was him.


all I know is that year stands out for me as one of the best Christmas times to.


then the times my kids were little and Christmas time was wonderful.but Ill let Anna if she will write a Christmas she remembers.


Merry christmas and happy new year to all.have a wonderful time with those you hold dear.and know your all dear to me.

13 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Leann,

"Christmas in Heaven" is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Your childhood Christmas memories are beautifully descriptive of your feelings and anticipations of that night when your Mom got the ring from your Dad. And your memories of the little skit you were in in that little country school, are precious.

I really enjoyed your Christmas memories. Thank you for sharing them. May the Spirit of Christmas fill yopur heart with peace, love and joy this Christmas, and always!

Love and Hugs,

Renie

3:26 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Leann ~~ Great post, with that lovely poem and your early Christmas
memories. We are so lucky to have such good memoriesm as we can almost relive those happy times. I hope you have a good break from 21st to 24th
and then have a wonderful Christmas
and health and health and happiness
in 2008. Much love, Merle.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Gene Bach said...

Great stories Leann. It's always ice to go back in time and relive wonderful memories.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Your Christmas recollection as a child was a lovely story. Your mother. fsther and grandmother were having a good time too, making Santa real to you. I remember some shinanigans like that for my son's benefit.

I admire your comforting religious faith. I do not share it. I have spent my life. personal and professional looking for a true and comforting faith. I can work out the true but it brings me little comfort.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Deborah Wilson said...

A beautiful poem, Leann. Many poems of faith (includes all faiths) were written anonymously. Remember the poem, "Footsteps in the Sand"?

I'm missing about 30 relatives and friends - it never is easy - but time makes it better.

I feel that my relatives not only left me with memories, but with the courage and skills to carry on as they did, so that in turn, my kids and grandkids can look upon me in the same way.

It is our turn now to create our own traditions and have our Holidays celebrated in the way that we believe that they should be.

Wishing you and Anna and everyone a Merry Christmas.

7:52 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Leann

You write very well =)
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Take care.
(((HUGS)))

6:34 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Christmas time is always full of bitter sweet memories. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I loved your story Leann. You write from your heart and that is exactly what a good writer does. You are so talented.
When you told about being tucked into your bed, it made me remember my little bed upstairs and looking out the window to see the trees being blown by the wind, on moonlit nights, and the smell of early morning coffee brewing.
Thanks for helping me remember the lovely times of my childhood.
God bless and a wonderfully blessed Christmas to you.
Hugs

1:33 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Leann

Wishing you and your loved ones a Very Blessed Christmas =)

(((HUGS)))

2:20 AM  
Blogger travistee said...

Hi Leann
Wanted to stop in and miss you a merry Christmas. I've moved blogs, so come and visit when you have time!

6:28 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

dear leeann,

wishing you a beautiful christmas, and thank you for the lovely christmas story. I hope it is a wonderful day for you....enjoy your lovely feast!!!


ok, since it's christmas....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs!!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

hee hee!

10:49 PM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Thinking of you, Leann =)

(((HUGS)))

1:32 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks everyone for your kind words and christmas wishs.
I will make this short cause I need to post.
have a wonderful day and happy new year.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home