View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Saturday, December 08, 2007

the light of the world


a few years ago I read a story about Billy Graham and his son.they had taken a walk down the country road near their home.this was years back when the boy was very young.as they walked along they talked of things son,s and fathers talk about when they are together.
all at once the boy dropped to his nee,s and then to his tummy and said OOO I smashed it Daddy.they are hurt.billy dropped down to look beside his son.
there was a ant hill all smashed and some of the ants were dead and some were carrying the dead away and others were trying to open up the hole.
the little boy was so sorry for what he had done.he said Daddy can we help.please can we do some thing to help them?
but billy looked at his son and said I am sorry son but we would have to get in a body like theirs and then we would be able to help them.
the story was so simple and so clear.God the father looked down from the heavens and saw his children suffering as man kind does on earth ,and he wanted to help.Jesus by his side, said father can I help them.and God said yes you will go in a body like theirs and do what needs
to be done.
I love how billy took a simple child like story and explained the way God helped us.he needed to be able to come down here and see how we are and what we go through to be able to help us.
its like a old Indain once said,"you cant judge a man tell you have walked a mile in his mockisens."
so the mighty God of heaven and earth made himself a body to live in cause God is Spirit,and he came down here to help.I love that story and I love Billy Graham and his faimly.
Billy lost his help mate and the family lost their mother.but they know where to find her.dear ruth went home a while back and will be having christmas with Jesus this year.and one day they all will be together again.but for now their work goes on.keep the Billy Graham family in your prayers this year.thank you Billy and Franklin for your lovely giving hearts,for all you have done .merry christmas and happy new year.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Lovely post Leann. I love these dear people too. They have done so much good in our world. I can't imagine how many they have brought to the lord!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Great post. The Graham's blessed many hearts in their ministry.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks girls for stopping on my blog.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

What a nice post, Leann, about Billy Graham and his son. And so true, God sent His Son to save us, by first becoming one of us.

God bless!

Renie

6:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Leann ~ ~ This is a lovely tribute to Billy Graham. I enjoyed watching his shows on TV when he came
to Australia many years ago. Thank you for posting this one. Love, Merle.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home