View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Saturday, January 05, 2008

I believe in angels.


I love to see pictures of angels.they are always so pretty.but I havefound something odd about it.the pictures are always of girl angels.and I have never read any thing in the bible of girl angels.
I have read about micheal the ark angel and other man like angels but never once a girl.
once a few years ago I asked the Lord what my angel looked like.
I had heard they were big and not little chubby faced naked baby angel,s.
so that night as I lay in bed I looked at the corner of my bedroom cause the Lord said he would show me a glemps of my angel.so I looked at the corner,there was no light on and only the dem light from the street.
and there in the corner hunched down on one knee was the most awesome being I ever saw.
he was about 8 or so feet tall cause he had to bend to fit in the space.he had big wings like the one in this picture,but it was a he not a she.
his face was kind but strong as if he were there to protect me.he had a belt around his waist with some thing in it but Iam not sure if it was a sword or what.he had on sandles that wrap almost to his knee and he had wavey hair that was longesh to his chin.and he didnt scare me.but I felt more comforted.
I felt he was someone I could trust,as a friend.and then he was gone as fast as he came.I dont think he left he just wasnt seeable any more.(I think back now and I cant believe I wasnt scared.I just waited and there he was.now as I remembered it I thought Lord I most have been given strength to look.cause now Id be scared.isnt it funny how things happen?)I have never been scared any more cause I know he is here guarding me.but dont ask to see him doing it.
I remember a story I heard about two little boys.dont even know where I saw it or heard it.but its ture.
a little boy and his brother were out side playing when the older boy desided to climb a big tree in their yard.the younger boy told him not to cause their mom had told them not to. but the older boy just did it anyway.as he climbed higher he got to a rotten branch and it broke and he was high in the tree.
and he fell to the and it knocked the wind out of him,and he lay on the ground.
the little brother ran as fast as he could to get his mom,partly cause his brother fell.but also because of what he had seen.
he ran screaming to his mom.billy fell mommy and an angel got under him to break the fall.the little boy had landed on the back of his angel.
I remember once a long time ago when Emmy my grandaughter was very young she was just walking.she had followed me out as I was leaving.
I didnt know it and when I truned to get something she made me lose my footing.and I did every thing to not land on her .I was able to push her away from me and turn and fall without hurting myself.
now I am a big girl and I should have gotten hurt because I fell hard.but the floor felt like a soft feather bed.and I didnt even end with a black and blue mark.and dear little emmy didnt get hurt.only her pride cause she couldnt figure why her Na Na had pushed her away.she cryed and I tryed to explain but a little girl doesnt understand.but i knew our heavenly father had sent a angel to help us both.
God loves us and he pertects those who trust him to do so.I am not sayig nothing happens to us,Iam saying if we trust him he comes when we need him.I didnt have time to do anything but worry for em.and all I could say was Lord help me so I dont hurt em.
and she was fine and I didnt have a pain.God loves us...
well dear friends Iam busy and only have time to post today.Ill be back on when I get something more to share.it maybe a few days so hang in there. just know I love you all and think about how your doing.i been feeling so tired lately.just cant put my figure on it.
so please pray for me.I think its cause I get wore out when I go away.or it maybe cause I been feeling blue this year.but I am resting in the Lord and trusting Ill be up and ready for the fight for victory again.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
God bless you all and have a wonderful year.full of God,s blessings.

6 Comments:

Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Leann,

I believe in angels as well, and I think you are right, in the Bible, angels are always male. Although I have never seen an angel, I have felt their presence, and know they were and always are by my side. Loved reading this.

Well, it's Sunday morning, and I have to get ready for church soon. Then we go out to eat. The weather is actually warm, already 60F and going to the low-70s today. I'm not complaining!

Hope you are feeling more rested, Have a blessed Sunday.

Love and Hugs,

Renie

3:52 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Leann ~~ A lovely post my friend. And I believe in angels too.
So glad you weren't hurt in your fall and that little Em was not hurt.
I do hope you feel better and brighter very soon. Maybe it was all the rush and bustle of the Festive Season that made you so tired. I will
keep you in my prayers and you get plenty of rest. Take care, Mucch love
Merle.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I always heard that your guardian angel takes the form you need most.

Mine is usually warm and soft and female when I need a hug and strong and muscular and male when I need a HUG.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Happy New Year!
I enjoyed your angel post.
I hope that you are feeling better soon and get some rest.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huggles
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

7:42 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I hope you are getting rested up. I usually feel like just hibernating like a sleepy old bear in the wintertime. WWe have has so many rainy, bleak days that I long doe a bit of sunshine!
Oh yes, the Bible tells us about Angels, the different jobs they have. The Arch Angels do have masculine names but I read somewhere that angels are neither male or female. Maybe that was concerning a certain type of angel.
I think it's really neat that the Lord allowed you to see an angel.
Take care dear and get yourself some R&R.
God bless you.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

hi girls thanks for stopping.and for your prayers and well wishs.Iam feeling better.God bless you and Ill be back when I can.
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home