View From the Eagles Nest

Matthew 23;24....Luke 13;34.... The joys and blessings of a fat chick in a skinny world. Faith for the journey, hope for the future, the beauty of nature, wilderness roads, life in general, family, the past and present, from the memory of a country girl stuck in the big city...SEX...now that I have your attention visit my blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: midwest, United States

I'm a follower of Jesus...I Love the Lord!Iam a artist,love to write,I have two grown daughters,4 grand childern.I enjoy traveling.this is my blog and I say what I think.if you dont agree thats fine.you dont have to read it.sometimes I deal with so much crap,I feel like a farmer.check out my new blog "willow in the mist."

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

ride to the park

The kids picked me up on sunday and we headed up north.
















It was a warm day,near 80.so we had to have the air on.the boys were in funny mood.they were talking up a storm.I had to stop at the store to get some thing.and desided to pick up some candy,bad Idia!!!the boys and candy do not mix.they turn into moter mouths.and they already are.it was funny cause they had already eaten the candy when I reilized what I had done.

I said Oh noooo I forgot they shouldnt have candy on long rides.its too late now mom my son in law said!!!so we listened to two mouths run like a wiperwills butt in a wind storm!!!!poor Anna was in the back with them.

we went up the river road and saw a eagle on a tree.I spotted it and yelled and pointed it out.the son in law said geez mom I almost ended up on the graud rail.they were laugthing cause he was playing like he was bouncing off the rail.
Anna said yes mom he streers where he is looking.I kept my mouth shut then so we didnt end in the river.

we got to the park and we drove over so I could show them where I want to park when I camp.they showed me the one they want.it wasnt to far from where theirs is.it was almost empty in the camping area just one camper.

we pulled down to the north camping site and the guys went fishing.me and Anna sat in the van and just talked.the boys had left poor Dad as he was talking to them.he comes and says mom do you feel like your talking to your self?i said all the time.I just talk to the Lord then I dont feel so bad!!!

the breeze was cool under the trees so I didnt need the air.if its too hot I get sick,but it was just right. Anna busyed herself getting pic,s of the guys as they fished.me I watched and thought about things.how the boys were getting bigger and soon they would have familys of their own.and bring their own kids here.I felt like I was getting older by the minute.I remembered when mom use to go with them for rides.I missed her and the times we went to the place where the swans and geese where.

Anna is a good mom,she does nice things for her family.it was her Idia to go for the ride.she packed a lunch ,but the boys were too hungery when they got home from mowing they had to eat before they came.she fixed a sandwich for me and I eat it while they fished.

the river is so pretty here where we sat.its one of the most lovely parks I know.I have come here for most of my life.my mom and Dad use to bring me up there.the kids love to camp here every year at lest once.they go other places to.

we drove along the the other side of the river and then headed home the way we came.it was a nice ride.we came close to town and the boys were looking for food.so I told the son in law to stop and Id get us some cheese burgers and frys.we filled our faces on the way back.

the kids dropped me off and I went up and put my night gown on and eat my cheese burgers.the sky was getting darker and a rain storm moved in as I watched TV.the lighting flashed across the sky and the smell of rain filled the room.I could hear thunder off in the distance.it was a good day.I layed in bed and listened to the rain and the thunder ,I fell asleep .

Posted by Picasa

13 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Sounds like a lovely day, Leann :)

I ahve a new web-site/forum:

http://therosegarden.freeforums.org/index.php

You are most welcome!

Love AutumnRose xx

7:37 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

That does sound wonderful. I love falling to sleep listening to the rain outside and how nice that the storm waited til evening.

Thanks for the update on Anna. I miss her posts and Lucy's too. I should talk. It's not like I blog everyday. :-)
Hope you have as nice a week as you had this day.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks girls for stopping.
thanks rose for telling me I wondered where you went.

Kathy I told Anna you missed her blog.Lucy is busy with her dog.lily is going to have pup,s.and she doesnt blog much any more I guess.God bless friend.I forgot to tell you I like your picture,your a pretty girl.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Leann ~~ I am so glad you had such a happy day with your family. It is
so important to spend time together.Glad you liked the story of the Ant and the contact lens and that the Lord helps your family to find things. I don't get to go out very often, so I enjoy even the shopping days each fortnight. Take care, Leann. Love, Merle.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

I still have my blog, too...I've been quiet lately as I had a hysterectomy 4 weeks ago :)

2:51 AM  
Blogger marallyn ben moshe said...

wow leann it sounds like you had a wonderful day...and boy it sure is gorgeous where you live...enjoy girlfriend...enjoy...hugs

4:13 AM  
Blogger Princess Banter said...

Awww that sounded like a fantastic day! I also like sleeping to the sound of rain on my window and thunder clapping above me -- whilst I snuggle deeper into my sheets :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger cheated are the clouds said...

Leann sounds like an awesome day, so glad your daughter picked you up and had you join them, that is a beautiful thing

5:23 PM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

I've been meaning to tell you that you do have lurkers on your blog who don't comment. I have a friend that I work with who visits often. The pictures you post make beautiful desktop screens for the computers.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

thanks everyone for stopping.always good to see you here on my blog.

Kathy tell your friend at work glad my pictures are liked but it would be nice to know who is stopping.

everyone have a reat weekend and God bless you all.(((((((((((HUGS))))))))
love leann :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

My friend said to tell you that she is not a lurker. She is a quiet observer who is to lazy to comment. I asked her why she didn't post that and she said she is to lazy.
Bless her little heart. :-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

Kathy.
guess we all get lazy now and then.
people are all just looking for things to brighten their day.

if some thing in my blog posts help her then she was ment to find it.God knows who they are and sends them.after all its his blog.
if it hadnt been for him I wouldnt be on here in the first place.

yes bless her heart.

11:17 AM  
Blogger fifi said...

I love this story.
Actually, I wish I could hear you say them, they would be wonderful "told" stories.

A beautiful day.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home